23.3.08

farewell chicago.


Tomorrow afternoon I will be getting on a plane and heading to Johannesburg, South Africa. To say that I'm excited would be an understatement. I've been looking forward to this trip for several months now and I can't believe it is finally time. I will be visiting my brother, Brandon, and his wife, Rachel, who are working on behalf of the Peace Corp in South Africa. I have been so impressed by the work they are doing over there. Not only are they helping out with everything the Peace Corp has asked them to, but they have also gone above and beyond by starting the Palala Girls Club and the Palala Boys Club. I could go on for a while about all the work they are doing over there, but I'm sure whatever I say it won't do them justice. I'm not exactly sure what we will be doing while I'm over there (they're keeping it a secret), but they've told me to expect the trip of a lifetime. So you can probably understand my excitement. Be sure to check out my flickr for all the photos when I return.

No comments: